Monday, August 31, 2009

Unicycle Bastards Kick Zombie Ass

This is me crawling through the woods covered in fake blood, mud, dirt, twigs, and zombie makeup during the second day of shooting the epic "Unicycle Bastards Kick Zombie Ass" short for the Unicycle Bastards. For some reason I couldn't convince any other girl to cover herself in sticky, stinky gore, and crawl through the woods in January. I had my first fake blood bukake when the Super Soaker misfired and nailed me in the eye.

I figured since I have put so many other people through the torture of makeup and acting, that I probably should try it out so I had a better perspective on things.

My perspective is that it sucks. I don't like being covered in fake blood for hours (Karo syrup, chocolate syrup, and food coloring) which turns out to be an amazing mosquito attractor. There is a reason I'm behind the scenes as opposed to in front of the camera or on stage. I suck at acting. It's hard eating lunch through a mouth covered in fake blood, latex, and mud. It's uncomfortable and a little embarrassing to have your head in a guys crotch for hours, especially when people are walking their dogs through the hills of West Linn. It takes forever to get a single shot, and my temper runs short when my brother is behind the director telling me what to do. "Get down here and do it your damn self if I'm doing such a bad job!!!!" ran through my head more than once.

The great part was the end result, and having the opportunity to work with really fun and talented people to create something I'm really proud of. I of course had to get a tattoo with a zombie to commemorate the event. I was really happy it made it to the Filmed By Bike shorts fest the the Clinton Street Theater. It was cool to watch an audience watch the short.

If you want to check it out go here or if the link doesn't work check out YouTube.

No comments: